AVIC411.com

8100 or 8200 ??

Ok so I have been looking for a GPS head unit for a week now and think I have it down to 2 and need a little help.  The unit is going in a 2005 Mustang GT so not sure if the iData Maestro works since I can not select it on their website.  I can get the 8100 for $900 and the 8200 for $950.  Just wondering if the 8200 was worth the $50 since I don't see much difference in them.

You might consider an AVH-4200NEX instead. I have an AVIC-8200NEX in my Escape which is a great radio. But we don't use the 8200 built-in navigation. I use Apple Carplay (Apple Maps) and my daughter uses Android Auto (Google Maps). I think I will put an AVH-4200NEX in my Altima. The 4200 has a resistive touch screen (vs the capacitive in the 8200) and I tested two different 4200 units and both worked fine. Both support Apple and Android. With the 4200 you won't need the Pioneer GPS antenna. You might also consider the free SiriusXM tuner with 3 month free subscription You can see my write-up at Escape-City.