AVIC411.com

off topic/ 03 aviator

good morning 03....

your point is well taken and I know that the paragraph I brought in was a definition by someone, I thought it would be easier to understand how it can help a person when a service writer just calls out "voided warranty". If I posted the complete act people would get partially thru and say I don't get it. I have seen a person told that his starter was damaged because the tech saw a remote start fob on his keychain and the tech never looked at the car. the customer was charged for the services (diag)rendered then came back to the shop complaining that the install messed the starter up.we wanted to see the truck in a non starting stage and paid to have the truck towed to us. yes a defective relay could cause this but in this case after convincing the customer to leave the vehicle with us to look into we found that the solenoid power lead had corroded and broke.

as we know there are some install jobs that should not ever be done by someone who does not have the proper knowledge, we have all seen it before.

In the post that I was writing I was trying to get him to add a separate power supply for the extra devices fiquring that this would put less stress on the factory wiring. the relay coil only takes a low current to trigger and the the hi current need would be transferred frm the battery. I guess if he wanted to have it completely isolated he could use a toggle switch that is fused from the battery also. any way have a great day alright.

I see how that could be confusing without the rest of the story. this post was a reply to 03aviator in regaurds to a reply I made to the post "4 extra monitors". perhaps I should have just added another reply on that post but was not sure if it would get back to him as well as what I thought a separate post would. well now that I am rethinking I guess I could've pm'd him as well. oh well somewhat a lesson learned.