AVIC411.com

Newbie Questions About the Avic-D3

I know there is a serach feature but I figured I would be able to get the answers I needed here. I hope someone can help

1.) With the Avic-D3 in terms of Navigation, Do you have to keep the Nav disc in the drive at all times to use Navigation or are the disc(s) copied to memory of the Unit? Is there any reason you would need to keep the nav disc in?

2.) Besides the famous Bypass, I have seen hardware pieces that can be used to bypass the Avic-D3, has anybody used one of these?

3.) Video ipod, can you watch videos on the Avic-D3 unit from the iPod? Can you see album art work when you play music from the iPod?

I appreciate the help

So you know there is a search feature but you dont want to utalize it. Hmm, let me see if I can answer your questions.

1.Search

2. This one you may not find a definitive answer on by searching so here goes. The hardware options you see on ebay are scams that most likely will only work while the unit is calibrating. Once that is finished you will probably be locked out of the features you want unlocked. The hardware unlock devices for the D3 are completely unnecesary. Search for the info on this site for the correct bypass.

3. Search

In closing, please use the search feature on this site for usefull info. This has recently become an issue with most of the senior members of this site. The feature works well and its not that hard.

I know there is a serach feature but I figured I would be able to get the answers I needed here. I hope someone can help

1.) With the Avic-D3 in terms of Navigation, Do you have to keep the Nav disc in the drive at all times to use Navigation or are the disc(s) copied to memory of the Unit? Is there any reason you would need to keep the nav disc in?

You can take the disk out. You only need it while navigating. The unit will copy your route and a bit of the surrounding area, but if you stray too far from your route you'll need to put the disk back in.

2.) Besides the famous Bypass, I have seen hardware pieces that can be used to bypass the Avic-D3, has anybody used one of these?

Don't buy 'em. The bypass is so easy that if you have the (minimal) technical skills to install one of these hardware bypasses, you've definitely got the skills necessary to do the bypass without extra components.

3.) Video ipod, can you watch videos on the Avic-D3 unit from the iPod? Can you see album art work when you play music from the iPod?

I appreciate the help

No album artwork. Video does not work with the very newest iPods. With the 5g iPods (the generation right behind this one) you can watch videos, but I personally have never bothered with it. From accidentally hitting the "video" button, though, I think you need to do it from the iPod itself. Video's a waste of time in a moving car anyway, unless it's for the benefit of a passenger.

Yea, that's true.don't buy anything outthere to make da d3 bypass its easy to do it.i once bought a bypass for d3. It was waste of my money.i didnt even needed that.i bought that of the internet. They said that they got that kit specially made by pioneer. That was b.s. That s**t was homemade.and I didnt even needed that.u can get those instructions to bypass da d3 on this site.