AVIC411.com

install question

I'm looking into getting a D3 and I was ready to buy from crutchfield but according to them it doesnt fit in my car which I know is nonsense because I have read about others on here putting it in my car, a 2001 VW jetta. Anyone know where I can get the proper install kit? thanks

I'm looking into getting a D3 and I was ready to buy from crutchfield but according to them it doesnt fit in my car which I know is nonsense because I have read about others on here putting it in my car, a 2001 VW jetta. Anyone know where I can get the proper install kit? thanks
if your have the double din set up it can be installed you just have to fab something to make it work, Or but a kenwood unit that comes with a cage to lock in them unit. If you have acess to a shop with tools you can do it.

Honestly, I wasted a little money trying to order a kit to put the D3 in my 2005 Passat. Ultimately, I resorted to--and don't laugh because it works--wooden shims. I basically used 8 wedge shaped shims to wedge the unit in the larger pocket. Once I had it centered and tight, I broke off the shims so they were recessed enough to allow the trim plate to sit flush.

This took far less time than having to sand the trim plate down to fit the stock VW hole. But it works and looks fine even though the unit may be a little too recessed as the screen is literally flush with the side panels and the trim plate is back about 1/4 inch.