AVIC411.com

Treo 700p and BTB200

I tried installing the BTB200 Bluetooth adaptor to my Avic-D3 and everything hooked up fine. The BTB200 recognized my Palm Treo 700p and my 700p found the BTB200 (after a few tries).

I entered 0000 on my cell phone to make it a trusted device. However, when I tried getting the two to talk to each other (via Connect Phone) and touching my phone name, it only gives me "Connection Error". No reason, just an error.

I must have spent 4 hours trying to get the two to work together but was never able to. I'm trying to determine if the BTB2000 I received is defective or if they truely don't work together.

Before I send the BTB200 back, does anyone have any suggestions?

Mike

When I first bought my 700P it worked flawlessly with my D3. It took a while to get it paired at first (about 6 tries) but once it was connected I had no issues. The unit would automatically detect the 700P whenever I got in my truck. This was until Palm released their "update" which I installed on my 700P to reduce the lag between applications. Fixed the lag but my bluetooth was forever screwed afterwards. The unit would no longer pair no matter what I did or how long I tried. If you recently got your 700P then you probably have the updated firmware which will prevent you from ever pairing the device (at least that's my deduction). My solution was to sell my 700P. I now have a Blackjack that pairs just fine (though I have to manually connect each time I get in my truck but at least it works).

Thanks for the reply.

I got my 700p about 4 months ago so that must be the problem. Screwing up the bluetooth application on an update us just plain stupid. I wonder if any has complained about it so they would fix it?

Unfortunately, I have to stick with my 700p because of work and the applications that are on it. Oh well. I'll be sending the BTB200 back this week.

Mike

• 5 weeks later...