Jump to content
AVIC411.com
TheBillTM

AVH-W4400NEX Bad SD Card

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, I am very new here and just pulled my unit from my car because of the dreaded Software Error screen after the splash screen comes up and the screen freaks out. I am OK buying my own SD card and replacing the current one but I was wondering if anyone out there has a good copy of the image on a AVH-W4400NEX and a link with instructions on how to flash it etc. I tried searching here but it seems to just have posts for people asking for images but I couldn't find a repository with them anywhere or links to good ones for this unit. 

Thanks in advance,

Bill

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 5:25 PM, TheBillTM said:

Hi everyone, I am very new here and just pulled my unit from my car because of the dreaded Software Error screen after the splash screen comes up and the screen freaks out. I am OK buying my own SD card and replacing the current one but I was wondering if anyone out there has a good copy of the image on a AVH-W4400NEX and a link with instructions on how to flash it etc. I tried searching here but it seems to just have posts for people asking for images but I couldn't find a repository with them anywhere or links to good ones for this unit. 

Thanks in advance,

Bill

 

I have this issue too. Did you ever get an image?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same. The image in the backup thread here just doesn't work. I flashed with Balena etcher and did it manually with 4 different cards with no results. PLEASE, lemme know if anyone has a good image! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 12:17 PM, smaxor5 said:

Same. The image in the backup thread here just doesn't work. I flashed with Balena etcher and did it manually with 4 different cards with no results. PLEASE, lemme know if anyone has a good image! 

Use that same file from the backup thread page 8.  Download it, unzip it I used WinZip.  Download this program Win32 Disk Imager and use it to transfer the image to an 8GB minimum SD card. You should be good to go I had no issues using this procedure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 12:36 AM, Manfred58 said:

Use that same file from the backup thread page 8.  Download it, unzip it I used WinZip.  Download this program Win32 Disk Imager and use it to transfer the image to an 8GB minimum SD card. You should be good to go I had no issues using this procedure.

Like I said, I've used the most populat image burner for Mac OS and command line and it immediately just says Software Error every time for 4 different SD cards. Either my head unit is fried or that file is corrupted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 7:59 PM, smaxor5 said:

Like I said, I've used the most populat image burner for Mac OS and command line and it immediately just says Software Error every time for 4 different SD cards. Either my head unit is fried or that file is corrupted.

I don't know anything about Mac systems maybe there is some issue there and this particular file I don't know.  I believe these radio OS files are Linux based, I was able to download, extract and copy the image using my Windows laptop.  If you have access to a Windows based system try it using that as I had no issues so I know the file was not corrupt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have tried 3 different SD cards on mine with different software to write the .img too on my Z810, still get a boot loop. Does anyone know whats good trouble shooting steps after sd card replacement doesnt work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×