AVIC411.com

Phone will register for nav but not mobile?

We need way more information in order to be able to help you.

What do you mean the phone registered fine under nav? Are you saying you were able to pair your RAZR with the Z1?

What does "failing under mobile" mean? Once paired are you having a hard time making a call?

Give us more detail, being as specific as you can with respect to what happened and when it happened and we'll be able to get you sorted out.
When you goto registration under phone settings their are two options, Nav and mobile (look in the manual). In Nav the Z1 searches for your phone, which worked fine for me. I put in the default password and the Z1 paired with my phone.

In the mobile option its the oppsite the phone searches for a signal and picks up the Z1. My phone picsk it up and when I try to register it again the registration fails.

I really don't understand why it tells you to register twice. My phone does work tho I can make and accept calls via the Z1, I haven't tried transfering my phone book however.
Ah, sorry I should have figured out what you were saying.

The reason they give you both options is because not all BT phones can be set to discoverable mode, which means you have to initiate the pairing from the phone by setting the Z1 in discoverable mode.

You [b]DO NOT[/b] have to do both, it is one or the other, and is only dependant upon what works for you.