AVIC411.com

Bluetooth for D3

Which bluetooth adapter is used for the D3? The CD-BTB200 or the ND-BT1? Can either stream audio via bluetooth?

I was considering the Z2 but after seeing the D3's interface is a lot nicer now I'm thinking the D3 is the better route. Since I don't want to be swapping out the Nav disc all the time, I need to figure out what to do about external music sources. I have a BlackBerry curve and I can get a 6gb chip for it to load mp3s and play them through my phone if that's possible. I'd rather not buy an iPod as I'm anti-apple, but if that's my only option for external music choices I may have to give in. :(

I installed the PIONEER CDBTB200 BLUETOOTH ADAPTER and installed it with my AVIC-D3 and it works AWESOME! I have a Jeep Wrangler and people can hear me with my top down.

The interface is pretty cool, but not terrific. Depending on the service you have, certain items display and others do not... like name with caller ID.

It is not simple to dial with it, I still actually use my phone to dial, then talk hands-free. It is easy to answer calls.

One thing that is stupid is that it does not "talk" to the navigation system. For example, it will not share the address book nor will it call a store you find when searching. You need to remember the phone number and dial yourself. Ohh well... such is life. :roll:

I played around with my girlfriend's dad's D3 and the bluetooth audio synced up with my Blackberry Curve. I had to go into my phone's media player and start playing a song and I could skip through the tracks that were in the current playlist. However, it did not show any song information on the D3.

cafagna, what phone and service do you have?