AVIC411.com

Avic-Z2 ground 1 wire bypass possible ??

Hi

im an installer and I have been reading about the bypass for the Avic-Z2 because I have been toying with the possibility of buying 1 for my G35 coupe. well I bought 1 and the manufacture date is Aug -07 on my Avic-Z2 and so far in testing the unit all I have done is grounded the green parking brake wire and the navigation and dvd seem to work fine ( Bypassed ) , Now the only wires i have had hooked up so far are the constant 12V ( Yellow)

12V acc ( red) iLL ( yell/blk) ground ( Blk ) Parking Brake Wire ( Green) connectoed to ground ) Now my main question is , is it possible that this unit is bypassed just by grounding this green wire and I do not need to do anything else ? now I do not have the VSS wire hooked up but I do not forsee this wire playing a part in messing with the bypass but I may be wrong??? so if i hook up the VSS wire is that also going to mess with the bypass ??? or due to the fact of this unit being manufactured in aug and having the newest firmware possibly going to allow it to be bypassed with the simple grounding of the green wire ?? Im wanting to find this out before I install it permanently so I can make the required adjustments if this is not the case.

thank you very much

redblaze37

yes I have read many of the Million or so posts and even did a search and a refined search and came up empty handed, I found 1 post that mentioned that the 1 wire will work for a short time untill the unit is done callibrating itself but the thread eneded after 3 posts no followups were done to see if it continued to work or not, I noticed that many of the threads end after 3 posts but then continue in a new thread and after hours of reading you get tired of weeding out the posts and threads , so I figured if I just maybe ask my queastion I might get a nice person to point me to a link or just answer my queation, I didnt expect to get a queation for a queastion , Sorry to have irritated anyone or made them feel I am ignorant and cant read. my question was answered via pm.

and to anyone that gets this thread so it doesnt just dead end.

NO the 1 wire will not work you need to do the 2 wire bypass, you may not need to update the sofware but you DO need to do the 2 wilre bypass and a possible reset of the unit.

thanks again

redblaze37