AVIC411.com

Avic-D3 and SWI-PS problem on mercury marauder

I have a strange problem on my 2003 mercury marauder, I installed my D3 the other night and everything works great accept when I turn the headlights on the volume up and down on the steering wheel stops working but the mode and next track still work just not the volume. I have confirmed that everything is wired correct and the D3 does dim like it suppose to with the headlights on. I looked at the led on the SWI-PS and it does not light while pressing only the vol up or down on the steering wheel when the lights are on the other functions work but when I turn the lights off everything works fine and the led does light. This is very wierd any ideas?

I have a strange problem on my 2003 mercury marauder, I installed my D3 the other night and everything works great accept when I turn the headlights on the volume up and down on the steering wheel stops working but the mode and next track still work just not the volume. I have confirmed that everything is wired correct and the D3 does dim like it suppose to with the headlights on. I looked at the led on the SWI-PS and it does not light while pressing only the vol up or down on the steering wheel when the lights are on the other functions work but when I turn the lights off everything works fine and the led does light. This is very wierd any ideas?

do you know what your swix modual is hooked to for power or ground

just to let you know, they are all swix moduals, they just call the one for pioneer and sony the swi-ps.

Right, but the SWI-PS has a direct connection to the head unit through the 1/8" mini plug where as the standard "X" model has no direct connection to the head unit as it transmits infrared (just emulates the remote control).