AVIC411.com

CD-UB100 on Z1, anyone done it?

• 2 months later...
Just put the USB drive unit on my Z1, it shows it on the screen, but when I try to load my usb drive, it says no device....any ideas?

Hey! So, I just bought a CD-UB100 and am waiting for it to come in the mail. While impatiently browsing through the manual, I realize, "there's no 'USB' in the source menu on the Z1/Z2. How the heck do I select it?" If I had it in hand I'm sure I could figure it out, but like I said, I'm impatient =P

I'm assuming it's one of the EXT1 or EXT2 inputs that have always been gray for me?

Also, how do you like it so far? Has it performed well? Do you use it as much as you thought you would?

I got it installed with my system a couple of weeks ago. It's on EXT1. It does play MP3's off of my thumb drive. However, the controls are crappy. It will only show about 7 letters of the filename. I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to switch between tracks. I can get it to pause and I can get it to switch between folders on the drive. It doesn't show what folder it's in. So, you just have to cycle through to find what you want. It does seem to have several repeat modes.

I got it installed with my system a couple of weeks ago. It's on EXT1. It does play MP3's off of my thumb drive. However, the controls are crappy. It will only show about 7 letters of the filename. I haven't been able to figure out how to get it to switch between tracks. I can get it to pause and I can get it to switch between folders on the drive. It doesn't show what folder it's in. So, you just have to cycle through to find what you want. It does seem to have several repeat modes.

Wow... that *is* crappy.. =\ Not being able to switch tracks is near useless. Maybe that's why Pioneer took the Z series off the compatibility list on the product website.

Damn. I was really hoping for better.