AVIC411.com

Newbie here...Step by Step on how to put background on D3

There is already a thread describing step by step how to do this....they even show pictures (http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8134) . The basic process is this:

1. Create a folder on your desktop called PICTURES

2. Put your D3 background jpegs in that folder...put no more than 20 pics, size is 500x240 pixels

3. Create a second folder on your desktop called Dummy Text

4. Fill that folder with a couple of files...they can be anything as long as they are NOT music files (mp3, AAC, etc). I used an executable file of some random program. Make sure your files in this folder total more than 1.8MB.

5. Use a burning program like NERO or MagicISO or any other burning program that can create/burn ISO images and burn BOTH of the folders to a CD. The key here is to make sure you burn the CD or DVD as CD/DVD Image (ISO). If you just burn it as data it won't work, so make sure it is an ISO.

6. Load this CD into your D3, go to Setting, Background and you can change the splash screen, navi screen, and AV screen images...choose read data from disc and you can pull them from your CD.

I just followed the directions as posted in the link above and it worked like a charm. I used IMGBurn and a 700MB CD+R.

• 3 weeks later...

no for the d3 you dont need to use the iso files....

for the d3 its easy

1. make a folder named PICTURES in caps and go ahead and throw your backgrounds in to that folder. (backgrounds should be in .jpg format)

2. open up your burning software (nero, roxio, etc anything that will burn data files... ANYTHING BUT WINDOWS) when its open burn the entire PICTURES folder to the blank cd.

3. take your burned disk and put it in the d3, and select the backgrounds from the menu :D