AVIC411.com

by-pass troubles..please help!

I recently installed a D3 in my 04 Maxima. I performed the bypass just as described in the post and everything worked great after the hookup. About two days later I was driving down the road and got the "improper parking brake hookup detected..." message. I got back to check the wiring and noticed the wire harness with the bypass had come unplugged from the back of the unit. So I plugged it back in and it worked great again...for about two more days. Decided to check the ground and ended up moving it and once again the unit worked fine for another day or two. But once again I got the same error message driving home from work today. Any suggestions on what to check next? Is there any one of the connections that would specifically cause this vs another? When I moved the mute wire I think I broke the little tab off the pin connector because it didn't "lock in," persay, in the new location but seemed secure. Would this be the most likely source for my problem? Can you buy those little pin connectors at the hardware store? I have read all the posts on this forum but just wanted to see if anyone could give their specific opinion on my problem. Thanks

Also, I was never able to get a direct answer on the location of the vss wire in my 04' maxima se w/bose just incase someone has this info on hand. From what I've heard, this doesn't really effect the gps too much.