AVIC411.com

PAC SWI-PS

Ok here's the deal I just recv'd it and I only have to follow Note #8. Here's the Note.....................

Plug is located on AV Switch panel. The AV Switch panel is the radio control panel. Connect a 150 ohm resistor to vehicle's pin 13 wire. Connect a 47 ohm resistor to vehicle's pin 12 wire. Connect remaining ends of resistor to the INTERFACE's white wire. Connect vehicle's pin 14 wire to chassis ground.

Plug is located on AV Switch panel.
The AV Switch panel is the radio control panel. > OK

Connect a 150 ohm resistor to vehicle's pin 13 wire. Which one is the 150?

Connect a 47 ohm resistor to vehicle's pin 12 wire. Which one is the 47?

Connect remaining ends of resistor to the INTERFACE's white wire. How do I do this? Sorry but Do I splice and solder each one to the white wire b4 I install?

Connect vehicle's pin 14 wire to chassis ground. Do i just connect the ground from the harness to this pin?

Any info would be helpfull thanks. Plan on doing this 1st thing in the AM? The last of my installs.

K
I literally just did this yesterday. Before I seen the vehicle listed on the bottom of your post I said to myself "This is definitely a Nissan".

Anyway, the connector that would connect to the wires that go to the radio faceplate is the plug you want, connector M98. Pin 12 is red, pin 13 is green and pin 14 is blue. Like the instructions say, pin 14 is to go to ground.

The preferred way to do this is get 3 lengths of wire. Color matching would be convenient but as long as you know which wire is which you're fine. Take a 10" lead or so of wire and solder it to one side of the 47 ohm resistor, then take another 10" or so lead of wire and and solder it to the other end of the resistor. Put heat shring or tape over the resistor. Now do this again with the 150 ohm resistor. Grab one more length of wire, 20" or so and you'll now have all the wiring you'l need.

Get some vampire clamps and clamp the 47 ohm wire to the Red wire (Pin 12), then connect the 150 ohm resistor wire to the Green wire (Pin 13) and the clamp the wire without a resistor to the blue wire. Now take the two resistor wires and the white wire from the PACSWIPS and twist them all together. Take the wire without the resistor and connect it to ground somewhere, I personally used my accesory socket on the right as it is a switched power supply as well as attached the positive and negative cables from the PACSWIPS to those wires.

With that done, you are done! Plug the PACSWIPS wire harness into the PACSWIPS as well as the 1/8" jack into the AVIC and go on to programming the unit and you'll be good to go.

It sounds like alot but I am just trying to be thorough, it is really simple once you do it once.

BTW, I don't know if you have your AVIC installed yet or not but I have an 04 Titan so if you should need any help, just yell.

troutspinner
I did the connection like I was suppose to according to Spinners help. But it's not programming right. I'm to hold the program button until the light is steady then I have 7sec to hold the Vol up until it goes out then I'm to let the button go and the light will come back on. Well it's not. I tried and I tried and it's not working. Had to stop to go out with the Family. Now I did hook up the ground (blue wire) to one of my grounds from the system. Could that be a Problem or should I start from scratch? Also I'm not sure if I damaged one of the resistors with the heat shrink. I'm pushing towards that being a problem.

I did pull the harness out of the Pac box and my radio system started to scan by itself. I had to turn off the D1 to make it stop. Is the D1 suppose to be off during the programing? I'm stumped like a Chump.
:?
Help me out!!!! :(