AVIC411.com

Copying Navigation disc?

What are you trying to do? Upgrade a Z1 or Z2? The navigation disks are actually a software upgrade for the Z1 which makes it identical to a Z2 with new maps, etc. The maps loaded on a Z2 are the latest and greatest that Pioneer has to offer.

These two stickies have a lot to offer on the subject as well as links to the Navigation Disk ISO:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8783

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9446

I have an N1 & Z1 in my cars. The maps are becoming outdated. It would be nice to have current maps. The Z1 has the old method of bypass by disconnecting the emergency brake. The N1 all you have to do is turn the lights on & off when it is starting up and you bypass the lockout. I do not want to lose these features but would like to get the maps updated.

I also don't feel $250 a pop for new discs is a reasonable charge. To me that is just gouging the public. These discs cost a few pennies to make and the have to make them for the new units anyway. If they had a reasonable price they would sell more and make more money. The current way forces guys like me to figure out a way to keep them from gouging me.

GBFS

For the Z1, there is a whole thread in the Stickies about swapping your hard drive and loading on Z2 software. If you're not computer literate enough to do it, pay $250 to Pioneer to buy the Z2 update.

For the N1, you can download the CNDV70 disks and burn them. If you wish to retain your bypass, the N1 head unit will have to be taken apart and soldering done. There is also a thread in the N-series hacks/modz section on how to do that. Even if you pay $250 to pioneer for those disks, you will still need the solder job to bypass it