AVIC411.com

2002 Saturn SC2 (D3 Install)w/pics

Ok well i finally got to uploading some pics from my recent d3 Install. Seeing how there isnt another user on this forum that has installed a AVIC D3 dvd/nav unit in. I had to learn a few things through trial and error. First i could not find my facotry radio because i had already installed an aftermarket single din JVC unit. Initially i purchased a single din insatllation kit for my SC2(they DONT make a double din kit) and took a fine tooth saw blade and a box cutter and tried to make a custom kit. Well after several hours of tweaking it still turned out crappy. (pics are below of first setup) After finally finding my factory radio i took off the brackets and attached them to the D3. Then i purchased a piece of ABS plastic from a local car audio shop. $1 for a 8x12 piece. Only needed 7x9 piece. Anyways then i went to wally world(aka Wal-Mart) and purchased a set of plastic epoxy<-(Devcon High Strength Plastic Welder). Then after carefully measuring the AVIC and then the hole i needed to fill in my dash i carefully cut the ABS plastic to size with box cutter. This step was very time consuming, but be patient it will pay off. Then i attached the ABS to the back of my dash with the epoxy and masking tape to hold in position. After drying and a trial fit i had to trim a piece of the top to make it look more cosmetically appealing.

Old Setup

InitialStereoSetup.jpg

Old Unit Mounted

Screwstotakeoutoldunit.jpg

Metra Harness

MetraHarnessandNoiseEliminator.jpg

Old Unit Out

OldUnitout2.jpg

Old Unit Out #2

OldUnitout.jpg

Package

Package.jpg