AVIC411.com

Clipping Problem with Z2

Hi All, I'm new here. I just got done installing the Z2 in my 2006 Pathfinder (with BOSE), and I appear to be having a problem. With the Z2 set to the factory defaults, I can't seem to get the volume past 14 without it starting to clip. 14 isn't even that loud. The only time I can get it past this is if I adjust the SLA to a lower setting.

I also can hear a *slight* click or pop coming from the driver-side rear where my sub is located. I'm pretty sure I wired everything correctly. I had trouble finding the Metra 70-7551 harness at my local shops, so I bought a RCA kit and wired it directly to the 70-7550 harness. It was pretty simple since everything was color coded. Just to make things specific for you, the RCAs are color coded green, grey, white, and violet. Two wires run out from each RCA, one that is solid and the other with a black stripe. These were all plugged into the RCAs coming out of RCA Connector 1.

I noticed that the Power Cord (harness) also has the same 4 colored wires: green, grey, white, and violet. I simply tucked these away, figuring that I wouldn't need them. I did the same with the yellow/black Mute wire.

I currently have two wires that are unused on my Metra harness: a black/white and a black/orange. I'm assuming that I don't need to do anything with these, correct?

I also tried using the Peripheral ISVE61 LOC, per the recommendation of a forum member, but that didn't help. I got the same clipping results, but the audio from the speakers came out lower. Basically, at volume 14, the sound was softer and clipping still occurred. I removed the LOC, and the same result happened, but the audio came out louder.

I'm really confused as to what else could be causing the clipping. Please help. I hope I didn't leave out any details. Please feel free to ask questions and I'll respond ASAP.

Thanks in advance for your assistance in resolving this matter.

black white should be the ground for the amplifier!! so hook that to your ground asap!

hopefully that takes care of it.

and is the other wire org with black? if so thats illumination. dont need it hooked up

I grounded the black/white wire and that didn't resolve the problem. The solid orange is labeled as being illumination, while the orange/black is labeled dimmer.

Thanks for the response, but unfortunately, I'm still experiencing the same problem... the sound cuts in and out at a volume above 14. With the volume set above 18 to 20, and the sound is completely off.

CRAP MAN! hoped it would fix it fer ya.

well im out of ideas. im sure people have told u to pull out ur bose system! but sounds like ur only choice.

how many speakers are in ur ride? is there 1 amp running all the bose speakers or is each speaker amped? u may try to "bypass" the bose amp if the speakers will show a decent ohm load on the pioneer. im not familiar with that system so i couldnt tell u what ohm ur speakers are. good luck

CRAP MAN! hoped it would fix it fer ya.

well im out of ideas. im sure people have told u to pull out ur bose system! but sounds like ur only choice.

how many speakers are in ur ride? is there 1 amp running all the bose speakers or is each speaker amped? u may try to "bypass" the bose amp if the speakers will show a decent ohm load on the pioneer. im not familiar with that system so i couldnt tell u what ohm ur speakers are. good luck

I have 6 speakers and 1 sub. I'm not sure, but I do believe the 1 amp is powering everything. I don't think there's a way to bypass the amp and connect directly to the speakers with my setup. :(

For the most part, everything is finally hooked up and I just got done doing the bypass. The only thing left I have to do is figure out how to connect the Z2 to my factory top-mount LCD, if that's even possible, and fix this gosh darn clipping problem. :/

I still need to test out the bluetooth feature. The IPOD connection works great. :D

I just wanted to give an update on what I've tried. OK, now stead of using the Preamp (RCA) outputs, I decided to try using the speaker level outputs with the Peripheral ISVE61 LOC. I cranked the ISVE61 all the way to high and everything is LOUDER! I still can't seem to get past 14, but at this point, it's loud enough.

IMHO, this is a quick fix; however, it's not ideal (well, neither is my entire speaker setup, but I'm not gonna complain about that).

So far, everything is working great. I also just got done connecting and programming the SWI-PS, which worked at first, but now some of the buttons aren't working correctly. I'm gonna have to reprogram it I guess. I also noticed that there's a huge delay when using my SWC compared to my factory setup. It's a little annoying, but I guess I can get used to it.

I also still need to connect the factory LCD. Anybody have any tips on how I can figure out which wires are for audio and which is for the video?