AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 and IPOD 160GB Classic

That playlist idea was pretty good when i thought about adding all Artist that start with A in a playlist. The only problem is that after i create the list when i select the "A" list in the D3 it will come up with all songs listed with Artist that starts with "A". There is no way I am aware of to select the "A" and just have each Artist come up on the list, and select the Artist from there. Am I missing something?

Yeah, I just realized that when I did it in mine. One way you could do it is use the genre system for alphabetizing instead. Select all the songs who's artists start with a certain letter, and change all the genre's of those songs to that letter. So Select all songs who's artist names start with A. Change their genre to "A". And so on, for the whole alphabet. So when your IPOD is hooked up to the D3, hit the GENRE button, and a list of letters comes up. Select the letter you want, and a list of only the artists starting with that letter comes up. :D

You do lose your ability to use the actual genre system (rock, R&B, techno, etc.) but you could just make playlists for those, I guess.

ive spoken with Pioneer over the phone after a customer was having another issue non video related with his ipod touch. the from pioneer said that they have tested the new ipods and everything works except for the video. apparently apple changed something that wont allow the video signal to be recognized by the d3. they said they were working closely with apple to figure out a fix for the problem, but had nothing yet.

as far as the customer's problem, his ipod touch wasn't charging.. or so he said.. turns out the battery on his touch just wasn't holding a charge any more.

the number i called was a special technical support number for pioneer for authorized dealers. hope this helps.