AVIC411.com

I have a AVIC-N1 that was recently modded to a N3, how can I tell if it's actually a N3 now and if the software I'm running is the latest? Also I have the iPod adapter that give little to no information on the screen even though my unit is moded to a N3. What gives there? Thanks

NS
[quote name="NeonShark"]I have a AVIC-N1 that was recently modded to a N3, how can I tell if it's actually a N3 now and if the software I'm running is the latest? Also I have the iPod adapter that give little to no information on the screen even though my unit is moded to a N3. What gives there? Thanks

NS[/quote]

many have the same question as you.

i am in the same boat, i am not happy wiht the n1 to n3 ipod interface. it looks like everything changes to the n3 interface besides the ipod control.

Tom
If you check out Pioneers site, it says that the 60 software will not change XM or Ipod display, not sure where you heard it would. As for knowing if you have the N3 software, it completely changes the appearance of the navigation menu so it should be fairly obvious

[quote name="tomdlgns"] [quote name="NeonShark"]I have a AVIC-N1 that was recently modded to a N3, how can I tell if it's actually a N3 now and if the software I'm running is the latest? Also I have the iPod adapter that give little to no information on the screen even though my unit is moded to a N3. What gives there? Thanks

NS[/quote]

i am in the same boat, i am not happy wiht the n1 to n3 ipod interface. it looks like everything changes to the n3 interface besides the ipod control.

Tom[/quote]
[quote name="whtcrxghst"]If you check out Pioneers site, it says that the 60 software will not change XM or Ipod display, not sure where you heard it would. As for knowing if you have the N3 software, it completely changes the appearance of the navigation menu so it should be fairly obvious

[quote name="tomdlgns"] [quote name="NeonShark"]I have a AVIC-N1 that was recently modded to a N3, how can I tell if it's actually a N3 now and if the software I'm running is the latest? Also I have the iPod adapter that give little to no information on the screen even though my unit is moded to a N3. What gives there? Thanks

NS[/quote]

Tom[/quote][/quote]

yeah, i didnt read any info on their site. also, i didnt do the upgrade thinking it would change the ipod display, i was just curious after i did the upgrade that since everythig else changed, so would the ipod interface. oh well no biggie, i should just research a bit better.

i just have bad luck i think. i have had the avic n1 for almost 2 years and i didnt find this forum until after a huge update, haha, its ironic i think. i wish i would have found this place sooner than i did.

Tom