AVIC411.com

A couple minor questions

I finally just got my first decent car (2005 altima 2.5s) and I really want to make it worthwhile. I've already got alloy wheels and all the extras so all I really wanted to do was tint the windows and maybe add in an AVIC-D3. Of course price is my main con in this area, so does anyone know the absolute best price of the avic-d3? I've seen 1000 in stores around, and like 700 or so on ebay. Anyone know the best? And if I bought it, should I attempt to install myself, or just hire a professional or go to best buy/frys? I don't know much about cars, especially installing stereos etc.

Also, does anyone think that the D3 will drop in price any time soon, or do you think it is going too much out of date to put in a car today?

If you can get it for $700, get it. That's 30% off the retail price.

If you don't have any experience working with car stereo installs, you should probably leave it to someone who does.

The D3 will probably drop in price this spring when Pioneer rolls out the newer model.

And no, it's not outdated IMO, it's not like it's 3 years old or anything.

But if you are patient, you could wait until the spring and pick up one the next gen D series model.

But then, of course, you're going to be paying more than you would for a D3.

Thanks for the answer. So I think I'm going to get one from some stereo shop in san diego, they're on sale right now for 699. However if that fails one can easily get them on ebay for 650-700 also. But most of the places around here, like best buy, cost like 150 for installs. It's kinda pricy but I might just do it since it's a good guarantee.

I wouldn't ever let Best Buy or Circuit City or the like touch my car, ever. I would find a local stereo shop that specializes in car audio/video to do the job. They tend not to hire 17 year old kids barely out of high school with little to no installation experience. I've heard some pretty nasty stories about the jobs they've done.

• 4 weeks later...