AVIC411.com

60 Series Disc And A Custom Boot Screen

Hey,

I have just completed the N1 hack to bypass the motion lockout when using the 60 series maps. Works Great!! I am now trying to create a custom boot up screen. I had it working no problem on the 40 Series maps, but when I upgraded and burned a new disk with my custom boot screen it just boots up black. Everything works perfectly, I just don't get any boot screen.

I've tried resetting multiple times, formatting the memory, and burning 4 different discs. I replaced BGOPEN2 as well as BGOPEN. I was able to get custom backgrounds working though. I used Alcohol 120% as well as Nero 7. I used UltrISO to manipulate the ISO and tried DVD-R and DVD+ R.

Has anybody else tried this with the 60 series maps? I will live with the Pioneer boot screen but I would prefer my custom Civic logo.
  • 2 months later...
I have a N2 and am wondering the same thing.

I replaced the BGOPEN2 but no dice. I also put in some extra backgrounds in the BG/PIM folder but they dont show up in the menu. How do you force the unit to update the pics from the DVD? I tried resetting/forced update a couple times but no dice.

anyone have any ideas?
[quote name="Val"]I have a N2 and am wondering the same thing.

I replaced the BGOPEN2 but no dice. I also put in some extra backgrounds in the BG/PIM folder but they dont show up in the menu. How do you force the unit to update the pics from the DVD? I tried resetting/forced update a couple times but no dice.

anyone have any ideas?[/quote]

You need to replace BGOPEN and not BGOPEN2 if I recall correctly. BGOPEN2 is used by use D2 users.

I can't remember exactly what directory you need to put your new PIM files in. If you can remember what backgrounds you can select from your N2 and then go view the ISO you saved to your hard drive and find the directory under the BG directory that has those same PIM images. Move your custom PIM images into there and you should see them once you burn your new edited ISO file. Also, when replacing the bootup screen you have to reset the unit for it to read the new image.