AVIC411.com

AVIC-N4 Mounting Pictures anyone?

Does anyone have some mounting pictures of the N4 in a Ram?

We got the AVIC-N4 installed by Circuit City and it is not flush with the dash kit. I can actually see the forward screw holes in the front of the unit that sticks out 2-3 inches from the dash.

Does anyone know if there is a better mounting option or if they just screwed up the install?

Thanks in advance.

It depends entirely on the vehicle. I just finished mine and would describe it exactly as you just did. The back of the trim ring sits flush with the dash kit, which leaves two small slits exposed on the left and right side. Its not ugly or terrible or even a botched install, but its just not... perfect.

After some measuring, I realized mine was sitting flush with the Metra dash kit, and it was designed that way due to lack of clearance behind the radio. The rear of the thing was compressing the cables against the dash wall as it was, there wasn't room for another half inch of space to make true 'flush' possible.