AVIC411.com

HAVE US D3 IN EUROPE - AND BOTH MAPS AND SOFTWARE DISCS

Basically, I got a unit from the US trying to be a bit cheeky and imported it - not having done enough research - Obviously... now I've got myself a quality media player but wouldn't mind the navigation opt as it takes up a large part of the D3 cost.

I have both US and European discs and was wandering if you guys could throw some ideas out there like Rogerswiss did in substituting the DVI.DAT files (which i've tried btw! and doesnt work on d3s) I have numerous DVD-R DLs to burn and to be honest it'd be worth it if the ideas are intelligent.

I know this is posted as a question once a week but here I'm trying to provide more of a workshop of sorts.

Let me know with your ideas and I'll try and apply them!

Cheers,

Ali Amati

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried the Euro model of the D3 in the US? I really want RDS but it looks like that's only in the Euro model. Anyone know if the Euro model will work in the US? Assuming you can get it to read the US map DVD.

Right now I'm leaning toward the Kenwood DNX7100, but it looks like it's going to be at least $100 more.