AVIC411.com

Backup camera will not show video output on AVIC5000NEX

Need help with rear view camera issues

About 2 months ago my backup camera picture diminished due to the sun fading the lens. Eventually the picture went away completely so I purchased the same camera hoping to just plug it in. 

I installed the new camera with no luck and decided I would take the time to put in the new harness considering the old one could’ve been shorted or had some other issue. 

I installed the new harness making sure the AV input is in the brown BR slot on my head unit and I spliced the reverse light connection into the necessary purple wire on my head units wiring harness as the old working setup was and as the directions stated. 

I have the reverse lamp positive lead tapped and ran down to the power wire for the camera and also into the wire running the length of my truck that gives signal to the head unit. The ground for the camera is also grounded to the chassis in the same spot as the old camera. Both the wire in the back of the truck and behind the head unit are testing 12v while in reverse as they should. The reverse light on the camera lights up as it should but there is still no video signal appearing on the screen.

I assumed it may be a faulty head unit so I got my old one (also a pioneer) and the video does not display on that head unit either. I’m attaching a video of the truck going into reverse and the lights on the camera turning on at the same time. This indicates the 12v power is being received my the camera. The screen also switches to the proper rear view camera setting when put into reverse as it used to. There is just simply no video output and only a black screen that says the video may be reversed. 

I am completely stumped and quite frustrated. Any help is appreciated. The head unit is a Pioneer AVIC 5000 NEX.