AVIC411.com

W4400NEX stuck on 'restore all settings'

I was preparing to replace the SD card on a W4400Nex yesterday and generally I will perform the 'restore all settings' prior to doing this. Never had an issue with doing 'restore all settings' but this time it just hung there. And hung. And hung. 30 minutes later I had no option but to turn the car off.

Subsequently when I powered on the radio it displayed the custom jpeg splash screen, stuck there for 30 seconds or so, came up with pioneer loading... Then it just repeated said cycle.

This was booting with the pre-swap SD card that was working prior except for am/fm missing and carplay not pairing or even finding an iphone 13 pro, both of which I was trying to correct w/ new image/card.

Looking for some of the developers to chime in and school me. If the unit gets turned off during that 'restore all settings' does it brick the unit via some memory in the unit separate from the SD card? Any way to recover if that's the case? I've tried burning several new cards in case it corrupted the card but no dice. Still comes up to cycle described above.

Also is there a max size or type of SD for the img ? Most of what I have handy to play with is 128GB microsd cards.

Appreciate any response.