AVIC411.com

Install around Boston?

I'm looking to install into a '06 Civic a D3 + bluetooth + XM navtraffic/radio + ipod + steering wheel controls in or around Boston.

I've gotten quotes from two professional installers for the equipment + labor -- one for $2200 and one for $1800 (these quotes are both for store-bought, close-to-MSRP prices on the equipment). I figure I can do better by purchasing all the necessary parts online for cheap and having someone install, but if you know of a place that will get the parts for me & install for cheaper than $1800, I'd be interested in that too.

I have no interest in installing myself -- I'd rather pay someone else even if it's relatively easy.

I would suggest you nab the D3 from CartronixPlus online. Harness and dash stuff from crutchfield and then the Traffic NAV, Bluetooth, PAC Steering wheel controller from ebay/froogle. Probably be looking around 1000-1100 for everything is my guess. Find out what a shop might charge just for the install. Good Luck!

I got the Avic D3 Bundle which includes the bluetooth adapter, ipod cable and a remote from cartronixplus.com, then picked up the XM with Traffic NAV from Sears.com. Tweeter is doing the install for $225 - $250.

Did you have to buy anything else to provide to Tweeter, such as the wiring harness, dash kit, etc.? Or is that included in the $225-250?

I got the Avic D3 Bundle which includes the bluetooth adapter, ipod cable and a remote from cartronixplus.com, then picked up the XM with Traffic NAV from Sears.com. Tweeter is doing the install for $225 - $250.

Did you have to buy anything else to provide to Tweeter, such as the wiring harness, dash kit, etc.? Or is that included in the $225-250?

I bought the dash kit myself as I specifically wanted one from scosche and it would have been a special order item from Tweeter. The install cost includes the harness.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to do the same install as windyburst2. Basically a AVIC D3X (nav head unit, bluetooth, ipod) and steering wheel control. (No XM) I already have the OEM civic dash piece ordered. I've been calling around the Boston area and the shops were quoting like 400-500 to do the install. The cheapest i found was 300 from a circuit city.

I called the local tweeter and they quoted in the 400 range. How did nhparrot get them to install it for 225-250? Which tweeter? Who can I talk to?

I want to do the same install as windyburst2. Basically a AVIC D3X (nav head unit, bluetooth, ipod) and steering wheel control. (No XM) I already have the OEM civic dash piece ordered. I've been calling around the Boston area and the shops were quoting like 400-500 to do the install. The cheapest i found was 300 from a circuit city.

I called the local tweeter and they quoted in the 400 range. How did nhparrot get them to install it for 225-250? Which tweeter? Who can I talk to?

My install was done Wednesday at the Tweeter in Salem NH. Avic-D3, Bluetooth, XM Nav Unit & Ipod cable. They supplied wiring harness, I supplied the dash kit. Paid $299. Speak to Tim, Adam or Patrick. Patrick is the Install Mgr.