AVIC411.com

Avic-D2 in 2001 Maxima bad reception and bypass

First off I have been frequenting these forums lately and find them full of great information and people (have yet to see any bashing). There are two problems with an open box Avic-D2 i purchased and installed for my 2001 Nissan Maxima:

1. I used the Nissan diversity antenna adapter and I get horrible antenna reception compared to what I got before with the stock Bose unit. I see the FM/AM antenna and GPS antenna lines cross behind the dash the way I put it in, put can it really make it that bad? What is it?

2. Being an Open Box D2, the harness was used, before spending $50 for a new harness, I wired it up. The bypass states that there is only one open pin, mine has a few. It states to use the one right next to the ground wire, and ground it as well. Well, I think it was already bypassed but I'm not sure. Right next to the pin for the ground in the corner, is another black wire, I guess that was it. Next to that, is an open pin, when i tried ground this 3rd pin from the corner, it seemed it was a mute wire. So I'm guessing there is only one ground on the D2, and the person that had it before me already had it bypassed?

Thanks in advance

First off I have been frequenting these forums lately and find them full of great information and people (have yet to see any bashing). There are two problems with an open box Avic-D2 i purchased and installed for my 2001 Nissan Maxima:

1. I used the Nissan diversity antenna adapter and I get horrible antenna reception compared to what I got before with the stock Bose unit. I see the FM/AM antenna and GPS antenna lines cross behind the dash the way I put it in, put can it really make it that bad? What is it?

No the gps ant should not mess with fm recep. Is the power antenna lead in the nissan harness you used hooked up? If not that's your problem with reception.

2. Being an Open Box D2, the harness was used, before spending $50 for a new harness, I wired it up. The bypass states that there is only one open pin, mine has a few. It states to use the one right next to the ground wire, and ground it as well. Well, I think it was already bypassed but I'm not sure. Right next to the pin for the ground in the corner, is another black wire, I guess that was it. Next to that, is an open pin, when i tried ground this 3rd pin from the corner, it seemed it was a mute wire. So I'm guessing there is only one ground on the D2, and the person that had it before me already had it bypassed?

How about a pic cause I'm not following what you're saying. IF it helps any, there are 2 grounds in the d1/2 harness. One thick and one thin.

Thanks in advance

Welcome

2. Being an Open Box D2, the harness was used, before spending $50 for a new harness, I wired it up. The bypass states that there is only one open pin, mine has a few. It states to use the one right next to the ground wire, and ground it as well.

Thanks in advance

Move the wire the the open slot in the far upper corner and ground it along with the parking brake wire.

thanks for the responses guys. yea i got both issues resolved. i had some trouble getting the factory bose amp turn-on, so i get i unhooked the power ant. i re-did the harness and that worked. also, for the bypass, i had the original two grounds and grounded a pin above the one that runs to the acc/ground fuse holder. that worked as well. thanks for the answers