AVIC411.com

I have some questions about the D3...

Allright, Im hoping to be buying a D3 within the next few months, but I have a few questions about it.

I dont plan on using the rout things on the navi, but how is the map when your just driving around? That what I want it for. Can it be nice and zoomed in when your listening to a CD?

Is the bluetooth two-way or whatever? As in, can you bring up your contacts list on the screen and make a call?

When using the iPod, you never have to touch the iPod right? Its all just from the screen? As in, going threw the playlists ect. Also, is it ok to just always leave the iPod plugged in and in the glove compartment? I dont plan on ever using the iPod outside of the car.

I assume you can have the navi disc in and use the iPod at the same time?

Oh yea, is there any plans of a D4 coming out any time soon? As in, should I wait?

Thanks for dealing with my noobness.

Allright, Im hoping to be buying a D3 within the next few months, but I have a few questions about it.

I dont plan on using the rout things on the navi, but how is the map when your just driving around? That what I want it for. Can it be nice and zoomed in when your listening to a CD? NO, it will zoom out if you have a CD in instead of the Nav disk

Is the bluetooth two-way or whatever? As in, can you bring up your contacts list on the screen and make a call? YES

When using the iPod, you never have to touch the iPod right? Its all just from the screen? As in, going threw the playlists ect. Also, is it ok to just always leave the iPod plugged in and in the glove compartment? I dont plan on ever using the iPod outside of the car. For music, you never have to access the ipod. For videos, you will have to use the ipod to start the movie.

I assume you can have the navi disc in and use the iPod at the same time?

YES

Oh yea, is there any plans of a D4 coming out any time soon? As in, should I wait? Nothing released yet, our rep said mid-year

Thanks for dealing with my noobness.

Is the bluetooth two-way or whatever? As in, can you bring up your contacts list on the screen and make a call?

Do some research on this forum under this topic....a LOT of people have trouble connecting with bluetooth at all. Many of those who do connect, still have trouble transferring their phone book contacts to the D3. Especially if you are a Verizon customer. I for one, (finally) got my Verizon Motorola V325 to work flawlessly, but I have never been able to get the address book into the D3. Its a pain in the ass.....but I still like it when calls come in while driving. Very nice.

When using the iPod, you never have to touch the iPod right? Its all just from the screen? As in, going threw the playlists ect. Also, is it ok to just always leave the iPod plugged in and in the glove compartment? I dont plan on ever using the iPod outside of the car.

This works unless you use the iPod for video. I do not do this, but I have read many discussions on this forum, that say that the video portion will work....but not without some wrinkles. Just a warning to do your research.