AVIC411.com

D3 bypass wiring looks different than everyones

There should be a second wiring harness plugged in to the unit, right next to that one, which has all the RCA preouts/inputs on it. THAT harness is the one with the mute wire on it, not the one with the power and speaker leads on it. If you do not have one you can buy one here:

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=CDP1064

thanks. ok i have that cable but its not plugged in yet. it has the mute as shown in tutorials.

the light baby blue wire (parking lead right on the opposite harness from the mute wire?) looks like its already grounded from the initial install.

do i simply plug in that second harness, change mute location, ground mute, and call it a day?

I think onstar has a mute too, should that matter? i dont use onstart but just checking.

thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps, btb200 install is a breeze....but it erased all my settings when bat disconnected...arhhhhh

Yes, the parking brake wire is on the power harness, but it's LIGHT GREEN, not light blue. The blue wire on the power harness is the power antenna wire, which should NOT be grounded. It should be either hooked to your antenna through your car's wiring harness or not connected to anything at all. Check your installation/owner's manual for what each wire does.

As far as the mute wire, just relocate that wire and ground it along with the parking brake wire.

I'm nor sure about the onstar, but if the onstar is currently working fine, grounding a wire that isn't even in the system yet shouldn't effect it's operation.