AVIC411.com

D3 jumps from playlist to ALL SONGS?

Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm hitting a weird problem with my D3 running to a 20gig iPod, (the old style no photo/video, etc)

Basically I have 1 playlist, and when I pick it, everything is fine, but after a while, (and I mean it could be DAYS), I will hear a song that is NOT in the playlist and when I check, sure enough the iPod it now playing ALL SONGS and not the playlist anymore?

Initially I thought it might jump to it once the playlist was complete, but that is not the case because there was a time where it had played about 40 songs only before I heard a song out of the playlist, and when checking saw it was at the ALL SONGS selection.

Does anyone else have this problem, or know a solution around it?

• 3 weeks later...

I've come across a very similar problem. I've narrowed it down to a faulty MP3 file (or at least, an MP3 file which the D3 doesn't like!). When I get to this tune in the playlist, everything goes quiet for a few seconds, and then it starts playing the entire ipod library (ie, it jumps out of the playlist). The answer is to fix the offending MP3 file -- but good luck in finding out which file is causing the problem...

It's not hitting the 'Shuffle All' because I'm always on the MAP screen, but the corrupt or problematic mp3 is an interesting idea!

That being said, I have an newer 30Gig Video that I was not using either so I have put it in the car and so far, its not done the problem, but I will watch out for what song is playing to see if that could be it???

Thanks for the ideas.