AVIC411.com

uploading photosI

I tried changing the background pictures on my Z2 and can't get it to work. The bubble on the background picture menu that lets you upload pictures just stays greyed out. My disk has 123MB on it, and my pictures are JPEG. The only other thing that I can think of is that my disk isn't finalized the way the Z2 requires. How do I know if my disk is finalized? What cd buring programs finalize and which don't?

I'm assuming you've already confirmed that you:

• [*:3fmtn3qs]ARE using 500x240 JPG files (you can also use 1000x480)[*:3fmtn3qs] are NOT using Windows XP's built in CD burning software (it might work for some people, but not all)[*:3fmtn3qs]ARE putting the pictures in d:\Pictures\[*:3fmtn3qs]are NOT putting more than 20 JPG's in the pictures folder[*:3fmtn3qs]are NOT putting any music files anywhere on the CD[*:3fmtn3qs]ARE putting at least 100mb of other dummy files on the CD[*:3fmtn3qs]ARE finalizing the disc (such that no files can be added later and an index is hard-written to the disc).

To finalize your disc in Nero, you need to check "Finalize CD (No further writing possible!" and set Write Method to "Disc-at-once" on the "burn" tab when creating the new project or when clicking BURN.

Most burner programs have similar settings. Consult your Help menu, or let me know what specific program you are using

So, assuming that's all true, there must be another subtlety that's not documented.

• [*:3fmtn3qs]Are you using CD-R or CD-RW?
    (I've done it successfully with CD-R)[*:3fmtn3qs]What program are you using to build and finalize your discs?
    (I've done it successfully using Nero)[*:3fmtn3qs]What format are you using? ISO-9660, Joliet, Mixed Mode? 8+3 or 255 character length?
    (I've done it successfully using the following settings:
    burning.JPG

?