AVIC411.com

Turning off Security Lock on New Hard Drive Problem

Hey Guys,

I have the new drive that I'm going to use for the Z1 to z2 upgrade. I've been sitting on the project and putting it off because I'm swamped with looking to buy a house.

However, I'm going to punch this project out this week.

My problem is this:

I've tried on every computer/laptop within my reach to plug in the new hard drive (the suggested one everyone is using...name escapes me) and none of the connectors are the same.

I need to plug the hard drive in to turn off the security lock so the z1 doesn't immediately lock my drive causing it to be impossible to unlock in the future.

I'm out of ideas and really need some help. I'd really hate to do all this work and then have the new drive immediately locked when I put it in the z1.

Any thoughts, ideas or help anyone can offer?

Thanks,

Duke

I've tried on every computer/laptop within my reach to plug in the new hard drive (the suggested one everyone is using...name escapes me) and none of the connectors are the same.

Post a pic. Chances are you either need a 44 pin to 40 pin IDE adapter, or, as suggested, you need to remove what's already on the pins.

Well it's the Toshiba 60GB hard drive that everyone here is using.

I have the USB black plug connector but that doesn't allow me to plug the computer connector into the other side.

The desktop only took IDE drives and the other two laptops had completely different looking pins (Dell Inspiron 8000 and another Dell)