AVIC411.com

Ipod interface problems

I've just about got all of the kinks in my new avic d3 ironed out. There is what seems to be one last remaining problem; the ipod interface is inaccurate. The plalists come up in an appropraite order, as well as the songs on on the selected playlists. When I select a song to play within a playlist, the song plays on the "current song screen" with the correct title, album, and artist, but the order that it play songs in is wrong. If I go back to the prevoius page showing the songs in the playlist it is correct but when going one page foward to play the song it will play the song, then the next song is a random assortment of whatever is on the playlist, scroll foward and back and you get a song in a random order. Go back to the playlist and select another song, play it, try to skip to the next track and you get another random song in the wrong order, and the order is different every time you go back and forth between the playlists contents page and the current song page. I hope I have been clear enough to get some help, and my apologies to all who read this novel. Thanks![/u]

I checked the ipod and it is the shuffle is off, and the only shuffle setting that I am aware of on the d3 is the one under the click wheel "shuffle all". I pushed the button, nothing changed, pushed it again, nothing. Is there something that I'm missing that is furher complicating this ultra simple problem?

There's two settings on the ipod that have to do with the shuffle function. There's a shuffle setting, that basically plays all the songs at random, and then there's a "shuffle all" option, that basically just adds the shuffle all option to the ipod's main menu so it's easier to use. Make sure they're both turned off. You may be looking at the "shuffle all" option and it says off, but that setting actually doesn't have anything to do with shuffling the songs. An easier way to do it is to plug the ipod into the D3, go to the settings menu on the D3, and turn off shuffle.