AVIC411.com

N2 with bypass+just added 07 disc, now lost address search?

Wow whata neat site!!

Im going nuts trying to figure this out...

I have a N2 with a byass (soldered connection under the metal tape) and it worked great with the turquoise discs. I bought aftermarket upgrade discs on e-bay. Then "poof" the glitch genie appeared. I can still play the DVD, XM, Traffic Nav. every thing works

But the nav, "address search and the poi" buttons are not lit..even when the emergency brake is set. It won't let me into those screens

I tried installing the old disc but I get the screen "please install the appropriate disc...etc.

I contacted the vendor on ebay and He writes back in broken english, "don't know too much" :shock:

I tried resetting and even disconnected the battery, in/re-installed the disc etc....any way to clear the data and reinstall my old discs??? I had a flat ground on the e-brake+bypass but reconnected it thinking it would correct my problem...it did not...any ideas out there??

This is not a problem with your bypass...

The problem is your DVD copy!

AVIC N2 and N3's have different part numbers listed for their DVD core units in the service manuals, which may explain why some people don't have the problem with the burnt DVD's and others do.

The address search and the POI search database is on the second layer of the navigation DVD's, however many here have run into the same problem you are experiencing and later figured out that when making copies of the upgrade disk they had to burn at slower speeds and they found that only certain brands of DVD DL layer disk work, which mainly is the verbatim brand of Dual layer DVD's.

I would pursuit a refund or a new set of working disk...

If you do a search of the forums you will find how to access the service menu and then downgrade back to a previous version of you navigation DVD.

Thank you very much Inspector :D

So I should go back to the ebayer I bought the disc from and request a disc that was burned at a slower speed? Or request a refund..

Then accessing the service menu will prompt me to do the (uninstall) downgrade if the new discs don't work...

I appreciate this and your time spent

Hey thanks again

John