AVIC411.com

D1 Navigation Discs Problem...

I got my Avic D1 installed around 2 months ago but did not have the East Disc at the time. I just got a new replaced one, I put it in the CD lot and it did not work, it popped up the message saying that "Error 12" and I checked the manual, it said the disc could be dirty or scratched or some. I got another disc put in and it happened the same. those two discs are brand new too. I have done pretty much everything that shows me how to fix the issue in the manual but did not work at all. Anyone have an ideas what is going on and how to fix it? Note that everything else is working fine, its playing CD and music well but not the navigation discs. So please help if you could, that would be much appreciated.

thats what i have done. and i think the unit itself just has that slot to slide the discs in anyway. there is only one slot on this unit those cause i dont see any other. when i put the nav disc in, it says the disc is being formated and then the erro message pops up on the screen panel. do u think anything going on with my unit or some. Thanks a lot for your time and supporting.

If it's a d1 or d2 there are 2 slots. One says cd next to it one says dvd. THere's no hybrid d1/2 they all have 2 slots. THe face should be completely horizontal when you hold the open button for 2 seconds. If it doesn't do that, then theres something wrond with the face. Either it's being jammed by something or the motor is going.

This is halfway opened.

http://www.jasonhilton.us/d1/DSC02282.JPG

Thanks a lot cntrylvr79 for helping with that problem. I eventually got the navi system unpdated this morning, in the right drive. Yet, I got another issue that after updating the disc, it said the update was successful, and then I could not enter the address search. For instance, when I got in there, I put in the house numbers and pressed OK but it did not move foward and it automatically went back to the Welcome Screen instead meaning that I cant use the nav map now cause there is no way I could enter a destination. You guys have any idea what to do here?

I mean I bought this new disc on Ebay, and if there were anything wrong with the disc copied, it would be a "Disc Error" already but here it said the update was successfully complete. When it displays the map, I do not see any info or words on the icons which you can touch on and change the map views or some. Here, I dont see those no more. Should I reset it to the factory settings and then try to update it again or some?

Let me make it simpler to understand. Did you buy a copy? Or an original?

If the answer is copy, there are dozens of other board members with exactly the same symptoms that you are experiencing, and they all either burned the disk incorrectly, or bought it from some asshole on ebay that is selling bunk copies.

I understand that, yeah I bought a copied one which others bought and feedbacked that it worked on thier D1 which makes me trust the disc, you know? But its not a point no more, What should I do now to get the navigation system worked? Should I reset the whole thing, and then try to use its origional D1 disc? Thanks guys for helping...

I would try and get one thats burned correctly, since thats what you paid for. The seller probably has exchanged lots of them before as its part of his operation. Bad burns just happen, always have. Ever burned a music CD that didn't come out perfect? Happens with dual layer DVDs just as often

i also got a bootleg 2007 disc for my d1. i want to know how can i go back to my 05 disc. i have never had so much wrong info on the nav till now. it i disconnect the battery for a while will it upload the old disc. i pressed reset with the old disc in it and i will not got back to it. please help ready to sell this thing in two mintues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!