AVIC411.com

Only FM Works; Not the Remote Wire either...

Hey guys great website! First post and I think it should stump most...

2004 GMC Sierra Duramax Crew w/ onstar

aftermarket subs, amplifiers, GMOS01, PAC controller

I recently installed my Z2 into my pickup, fired it up, only the FM gets sound (and works beautiful).

DVD = picture, no sound

CD = minimal sound, very scratchy & raspy

I've spoken to support on phone, searched this site to the Nth degree, I've swapped the remote wires to the correct blue/white, switched them back & tried the "power antenna" setting, nothing works. I had the seller send me a new unit, same problem. I bypassed the GMOS01, still nothing.

I do have several HAM radios installed, company radio 2way, along with strobe lights incase this may stem any ideas of interference...

Thanks for help in advance!

2004 GMC Sierra Duramax Crew w/ onstar

aftermarket subs, amplifiers, GMOS01, PAC controller

I recently installed my Z2 into my pickup, fired it up, only the FM gets sound (and works beautiful).

I know you said you've checked it, and I'm just trying to help, but it honestly sounds like you're controlling your amp with the Blue wire instead of the Blue/white wire, and the AUTO ANT setting is set to Radio.

• [*:3w3fphia]Blue wire should go to Auto-Antenna relay (or antenna booster if you've got a glass antenna)[*:3w3fphia]Blue/white wire goes to system control terminal on the amp.

If you are using Blue, set the AUTO ANT setting to Power. If you're using blue/white, well, then I have no idea.

I've tried both wire combinations, with the corresponding ANT settings. I know what you're saying after reading all of these posts of people making that mistake...

But believe me, I've tried everything with those wires; even found a 12v hot and ran that to the amps...

The amps are "ON", I can see the power lights.

Appreciate the reply, has there been any troubles when people do the bypass grounds?

actually, I had them send me out a new unit, did the same thing. So it's something I've done or something about my pickup/setup?

That's where I'm at now, I'm going to take the previous avic n1 (formerly installed w/o the amps), plug that all in. Then if that works... dunno.

I still haven't hooked up the reverse sensor or the VSS, do those have to be attached for the CD/DVD to work correctly?

I have the same problem with OpDawg. I tried everything suggested here and even pay installer to look at the connections. I think the DVD/CD rom is defective. Is there a way to clean it or don't even bother. I got the RA # and sending my back for exchange on Monday. I got my refurbished from ebay good thing i got extended warranty. I am disappointed but I guess what you pay for.

2001 mitsubishi Diamante