AVIC411.com

She sure likes to talk!

Well go figure the navigation is a female. Seriously she likes to talk, a little to much. Here's the deal. If I'm traveling from one end of town to the other and mostly taking one highway she feels the need to tell me every mile or so which way to go. For example I'm on highway 8 and my exit is 10 miles away about every mile or 2 she says "1 1/2 mile ahead stay on highway 8. So I say back to her, well no shit, my exit isn't for another 8 miles. She then graciously responds "stay on highway 8". My point is is there a way to program her to only tell me my turns, exits, etc. I don't need her telling me to stay on the road I'm already on.

I already have 1 nagging girlfriend I don't need another :) I know I can just turn the whole feature off or mute her but I do like to keep my eyes on the road and it is nice to have company with me for the drive 8)

Well go figure the navigation is a female. Seriously she likes to talk, a little to much. Here's the deal. If I'm traveling from one end of town to the other and mostly taking one highway she feels the need to tell me every mile or so which way to go. For example I'm on highway 8 and my exit is 10 miles away about every mile or 2 she says "1 1/2 mile ahead stay on highway 8. So I say back to her, well no shit, my exit isn't for another 8 miles. She then graciously responds "stay on highway 8". My point is is there a way to program her to only tell me my turns, exits, etc. I don't need her telling me to stay on the road I'm already on.

I already have 1 nagging girlfriend I don't need another :) I know I can just turn the whole feature off or mute her but I do like to keep my eyes on the road and it is nice to have company with me for the drive 8)

Completely Agreed. I posted the same thing here:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 1171#81171

And no, there is no way to disable the "Continue on..." notifications. You can either mote all notifications, or none. =\