AVIC411.com

Avic D3 - sound just..stopped

Hi Guys,

I had the Avic D3 installed in my 98 prelude, and everything was fine. After double checking everything, I ran through the nav / dvd / cd one last time. I put everything in its place, and began screwing everything in. After the third or so screw, the sound just kind of farted out and slowly faded to nothing.

I've turned the car on and off a few times, reset the Avic, and have no idea where the sound went. The cds play, the dvds play, everything plays - just no sound. I'm assuming it's a wire or something, but which wire controls ALL the sound?

Thanks for the reply!

Yep, I've wired many decks before. Normally I would understand that something was my fault if it had no sound to begin with, but it lost sound right in the middle of a cd - after being on for 10 or so minutes.

Like I said, I was screwing it in at the time, and it's very likely that something got bumped. Again, I'm not sure what it would be - anyone have any ideas as to what one thing could just cause a complete lack of sound from all speakers, but change nothing else?

Also, this car has no other amps - it's just the D3 into the wiring harness.