AVIC411.com

n3 installed by electronic express question

i had my n3 installed by electronic express and i believe they tried to bypass it for me. they installed a toggle switch that allows me to use all of the navigation features and watch a movie, but whenever i drive it turns off. and then it says something about improper connection and all that. did they just forget to flip the switch on the back under the sticker or what?

is there any easy way to take it out and flip the switch or is it long strenuous ordeal? should i just take it back there and have them fix it?

thanks

There really is no need for a switch to toggle the bypass on or off, that just complicates the install and adds another possible point failure.

If the bypass is done right, the brake wire can stay permanetlly grounded and will not cause any issue with any functions of the unit.

This sounds like they hooked up the parking brake wire to a switch that is grounded, However they did not do the bypass to the head unit.

But this is only my best guess given the error message and I had seen this before when the bypass was not soildered correctlly.

I would take it back to the shop who installed it and have them check the install or have them do the bypass right, plus ditch the not needed switch...