AVIC411.com

I have a question about the AVIC-N1 that I hope the individuals on this forum can help me with. Basicly the GPS on my system is dead. The compuss(sp?) does not track, the map does not detect motion, the speed sensor does not track speed. In the system status menu, the speed pulse does show a signal when the car is in motion, the GPS antenna shows the connection as ok but the antenna will not pick up a signal anywhere.

Things I have tried:

I have reset the unit multiple times with no luck.

I have disconnected all cables and reconnected with no change

I have recycled power on the unit with no change

I have force wrote the 2006 maps back on the unit thinking the 2007 maps caused this problem following the procedures on this board with no change

I went into the service menue and reset about every piece of memory I could possibly check. All sensors appear to be getting voltage and show ok.

I have dissasembaled the brain to check for visual damage with no luck

The only thing I havent tried which would be the easiest would be to replace the nav antenna. I just hate to buy the antenna feeling that the unit should still know what direction the car is facing and the speed it is going without a GPS signal?

Thanks for any help anywone can give with this matter.

• 2 weeks later...