AVIC411.com

Honda Civic 2006 hybrid AVIC-Z1 installation

hey guys, i just registered and hope you guys can help. i just got a white honda civic 2006 hybrid with tan interior and got it without the navigation. i want to install the AVIC-Z1.

-what dash kit do i need to match with my current dashboard?
-what do i need to have full functionality while driving?
-what do i need to use the steering wheel remote with the AVIC?
-does the AVIC have aux inputs? if so, how can i hook the aux port in the car with the AVIC?
-what else do i need to install the AVIC in my car? wires? plugs?....

I've read there were two different color dashboards in the civic. I've also read there is no security features on the AVIC? any suggestions to add security?
Hello and welcome, I can't answer all of your questions but here are the ones I can answer:
-what do i need to have full functionality while driving? Ducatiboy's flasher circuit...do a search in the hack section and you will find plenty of information on this. Remember this unit is designed for "off road" use and not intended for use while driving public roads.

-what do i need to use the steering wheel remote with the AVIC? You will need this unit [url=http://www.cardomain.com/item/PACSWIPS](LINK)[/url].

-what else do i need to install the AVIC in my car? wires? plugs?....Well this is tough one to answer. Have you ever installed a car stereo before? Most of the wires that you will need are already on the Z1. You will need the wiring diagram for the stock stereo. It sounds like you will be using the stock speakers so, you will need to know what speaker wires are what. You may need to crimp wires together if you don't plan on soldering them. Your question is pretty generic...need specifics if you want more detailed help.

I've also read there is no security features on the AVIC? any suggestions to add security? This is a recurring problem here. Yes, there are no security measures built in the Z1. Some have suggested removing the HDD before leaving your car. I know this sounds excessive but the unit is "worthless" without the HDD. Also, the HDD holds a lot of personal information.
yes there is. The metra paart # is 70-1721. You'll find that harness at the factory amp under the stock radio. As for the dash kit for you car, you have 2 options. Number 1 is to get the bezel for the factory nav from the dealer. That'll run about 80 bucks. The other option is to use the metra kit which is about 60 but not a lot of stereo places carry it. The last part you'll need is an antenna adaptor since honda decided to change it.