AVIC411.com

So I received my D3 today and started the process of soldering and heat shrinking all of my connections. I decided to install it in my 07 Expedtion to make sure the unit powers up. I am getting nothing. I have verified that I have power and my grounds are good. Do I need to have the gps antenna hooked up or the e brake wire?

What all is required for the unit to power up?

Have you tried plugging the stock radio back in? Does it still turn on? If not, then you've got a blown fuse somewhere. If it does still turn on, then the truck may use a canbus trigger to turn on the stock deck. If that's the case you'll have to run a tap from the ignition to the red wire of the avic. If you can post a picture of the dash of the vehicle that would help.

Stock Radio is back in and yes it is working. the acc wire does not have power when the truck is on. I tried to wire to the yellow wire that is hot and still nothing. What do you need picture wise and I can snap a couple pics. I have the newer in dash 6 disc reciever with the mp3 jack from ford along with the rear DVD setup.

Here is a link to the radio my truck seems to have. Except it does not say Shaker on it. This also shows the connector type.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&c ... FoYNXyMT2A

From the Ford manual I do not need to wire up the rear DVD as it will work with the wireless headphones.

Yes the D3 has its own fuse right where the main plug goes into the back of the unit.

I am all set. I ended up having to use a switched acc source in order to get the unit powered on.

I have installed the Bluetooth adapter, Sirius unit and now I just need to do the back up camera and the PAC unit to get my steering controls back.