AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Install (help)

sorry if this is a newb question but i was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction or help me with the install for the BLUETOOTH in my Pioneer Z1.

i was looking to purchase the bluetooth unit from Ebay... (do you guys recommend that or no?) i think they were around $80-120

i'm a very DO-IT yourself guy and althought i don't have much experience with audio/stereo stuff, i feel pretty confident with some direction i can get it done. :)

how much is it to have the unit install anyway? it works with the z1 AND z2 units the same way right?

thanks for any help in advance!

ebay is good. i bought a btb200 for cheap and installed it in 20 min.

really easy.

as a matter of fact i installed my whole d3, nav traff xm unit and ipod thing myself and i never had car electronics experience.

cheaper to diy than at a shop.

i think the d3 bluetooth install is similar to the z series install

i had to run a power and ground wire to the the btb unit. you just have to tap the wires onto the power and ground wire from the btb wire to the pioneer radio harness power and ground wires. be careful!

That's because you're using the CD-BTB200, which runs on the IP BUS.

The Z-series has it's own special bluetooth adaptor ND-BT1, which simply plugs into the back, one cable, one connection, no need to splice anything =D

i had to run a power and ground wire to the the btb unit. you just have to tap the wires onto the power and ground wire from the btb wire to the pioneer radio harness power and ground wires. be careful!

The Z-series has it's own special bluetooth adaptor ND-BT1, which simply plugs into the back, one cable, one connection, no need to splice anything =D

sweeeeet! sounds easy enough!!! :) to take the head unit out or get behind it, would it be best to take the dash apart around it? i dont know if it's easier to access it by taking the head unit out or not?

• 2 weeks later...

Do we get the same functions with the BTB200? I want to buy an Bluetooth interface but the ND-BT1 its not available in Europe any more! When I go to the Z2 product information it shows BTB200 as an option!

Do we will have the phone menus and etc?