AVIC411.com

2 wire bypass

Hello,

I am trying to do the 2 wire bypass on my new avic z2 and i grounded out the p brake wire and that worked. When i look at the instructions it says to ground out the the second wire on the bottom right of the connector 2 terminal but i dont have that. pins are there just nothing with wires. any ideas on what to do next??

I am trying to do the 2 wire bypass on my new avic z2 and i grounded out the p brake wire and that worked. When i look at the instructions it says to ground out the the second wire on the bottom right of the connector 2 terminal but i dont have that. pins are there just nothing with wires. any ideas on what to do next??

You missed something... Read again:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

Wire #2:

Look on the back of the Z1, there are 3 main connectors.

As you are looking at it from the rear, the connector on the bottom right (closest to the FM antenna plug) is labeled on the back of the Z1 as "connector 2".

The 4 right most locations in that connector DO NOT have wires in them.

You need to add a wire to this position and ground it as well.

avicz1newbypass.jpg

Personally I took the "cell phone mute" wire out of "connector 1" by taking a jewlers screw driver and lift up on the white plastic connector part just behind the "metal tang" in the connector. Some times with these connectors, you push on the metal tang to get the wire out, with these connectors, lift up on the plastic tang retainer, don't push down on the tang. It's much easier. I then inserted the cell phone mute wire into this position and grounded it.