AVIC411.com

D3 INSTALLED IN 05+ G35 Coupe?

I just installed this in a 04 coupe 6mt... Don't go metra unless you don't care about keeping the stock look to the console... I did the JDM dd conversion and it wasn't too hard... just give yourself some time... IT's not easy to fit all the wires behind the stereo, I also did the bluetooth and PAC install at the same time.. so it was a ton of wires... Overall I would say it's worth every penny... The unit is awesome... So much better sound then stock and the ipod option is great... Good Luck and i'll take some pics tomorrow and post them..

I installed a D3 in an 04 G35 coupe. I would say not to go with metra mainly cuz u lose that stock feel. I installed using the JDM and it looks great. I added the ipod option, steering wheel controls, ps2 hook up, and bluetooth and was able to get all the wires to fit. It takes a second to get used to everything, but that only took me a couple of days. It works great. Sound quality is awesome too, (after messin with the D3's EQ a bit) Here's a couple of pics to show u how it looks.

post-16072-12872753735827_thumb.jpg

post-16072-1287275373704_thumb.jpg

post-16072-12872753737458_thumb.jpg

I installed a D3 in an 04 G35 coupe. I would say not to go with metra mainly cuz u lose that stock feel. I installed using the JDM and it looks great. I added the ipod option, steering wheel controls, ps2 hook up, and bluetooth and was able to get all the wires to fit. It takes a second to get used to everything, but that only took me a couple of days. It works great. Sound quality is awesome too, (after messin with the D3's EQ a bit) Here's a couple of pics to show u how it looks.

Ahhhhh NICE - now howd u get the ps2 to work in there? HOw are u running ur power supply? Thanks for the info bro.

Looks like you kept dual climate control functionality. Most of the JDM finishers lose it. Looks good.

TAHNX alot... My dash kit didn't come with the climate control originally. I was able to keep the dual climate control by removing it from the stock dash and soutering it onto the JDM dash kit. It was actually easier than i thought it would be. The ps2 hook up is simple also. The AVIC comes with 2 extra video hook ups (AV1 and AV2).....as u can see from the pics, the AV2 hook up is on the front bottom left of the Head Unit. For AV1, there is an RCA hook up in the back (Video IN & 2 Audio INs). All you need to purchase are 6ft RCA cables and RCA Male to Male converters. It winds up being like $8 - $10. You can run it through your glove box or wherever you want. The simpest way to power up the ps2 is through an AC - DC adapter. Mine console fits nicely under the passenger seat. You could also use the RCAS hook up for anything else that uses that format. (cameras, other consoles, etc). If u have any other questions let me know.

^ How was the fit of the trim ring using the JDM finisher? Did you use the ring that came with the HU or fabricate your own? I've heard a lot of negative comments on the fitment although your looks pretty clean and flush in the pictures.

Thanks

I used the the one that came with the HU. it took me a lil bit to get it right. At first it did look a lil off. But by messin with it i was able to get that clean look. :D