AVIC411.com

searching JUST rds yeilds many results, but the 8th and 11th are rather clear AGAIN. rds is one of the most asked about features here. shoot id of expected the buyer of a product to have looked at the side of the box or manual as well. far before posting here. no offense but it would have been better to search before the half dozen or so posts in this thread .. including mine were posted.

You guys are a friendly bunch. I have spent many hours researching how to load back ground pix, how to xfer phone book info etc. I search as a last resort. As you can see, I am a newbie and a learning curve should be expected as well as tolerated. And you shouldn't assume every newb is an idiot. So thanks again for all your friendly help!!!!

i didnt see anything about 'idiot' said. but serously, if you would have searched youd of come up with the same results that we did im sure. IT KEEPS BEING ASKED AND ANSWERED. whats so hard about that. I wouldnt take offense, id just move on if i were you, afterall you are the one that didnt know what you were buying or how to search effectively.

actually here, the most commonly asked topics i think would be (not in any particular order):

1. how/what the bypass is

2. RDS function

3. Background/picture creation

4. illumination wire function

5. Warning/ok removal from startup

Seriously it comes down to its been asked sooooo many times you cant possibly not have stumbled onto the answer, oh and everytime the poster says "hey im new and ive searched alot but..."

So surely you can see why the fuss. Just break down and use the search feature and youll be happier

So instead of being a dick about it and opening every thread about this to harrass the new guy why don't you creat a post explaining all of the commonly asked questions, then request that it be made a sticky.

just a thought :roll:

That is actually a good idea. All the other forums I belong to have Faq stickies.