AVIC411.com

2001 Tacoma Avic D3 install wiring questions

So i'm installing an Avic D3 into my 2001 Tacoma. I'm going to be hooking up an amp as well.

My questions are what wire do i use for the remote turn on for the amp? there is a blue wire out of the factor harness labeled Power Antenna and there is a blue wire out of the Avic D3 harness labeled Antenna control. It would make since to me that it would need to be the one out of the Avic so the amps turn on when the Avic Unit is turned on, but Antenna Control doesn't seem like the correct labeling. What am i missing here? Also if I use the Avic Lead for Antenna control to turn on the Amp then what does the Power Antenna Lead out of the factory harness hook up to? Nothing?

Also the only illumination wire out of the factor harness is labeled Dimmer (Orange/White) do i connect that to the orange/white wire out of the Avic labeled Illuimanation? I just wanted to make sure on this one.

Next is did you guys that hooked up nav units in Trucks run your Reverse Gear Signal(Purple/white lead) all the way to your reverse lights? Is there a better spot in the Tacoma in the dash?

Last where does the Car speed signal input(pink lead) go on a 2001 tacoma? I know it hooks up to the same thing the cruise control uses but I just thought i would ask before i go looking around under the dash.

My questions are what wire do i use for the remote turn on for the amp? there is a blue wire out of the factor harness labeled Power Antenna and there is a blue wire out of the Avic D3 harness labeled Antenna control. It would make since to me that it would need to be the one out of the Avic so the amps turn on when the Avic Unit is turned on, but Antenna Control doesn't seem like the correct labeling. What am i missing here? Also if I use the Avic Lead for Antenna control to turn on the Amp then what does the Power Antenna Lead out of the factory harness hook up to? Nothing?

There's two blue wires coming out of the AVIC. There's a blue one that is on the harness with all the speaker and power wires. That one is meant to turn on a power antenna or antenna amplifier. Hook that one to the power antenna wire on the factory harness. There is a blue/white wire on the D3's other harness (the one with all the RCA input/outputs on it) that is labeled "system control". That is the one you use for your amplifier's turn on signal.

Also the only illumination wire out of the factor harness is labeled Dimmer (Orange/White) do i connect that to the orange/white wire out of the Avic labeled Illuimanation? I just wanted to make sure on this one.

I would go ahead and do that. I'm not entirely sure, as every vehicle is different. But if after hooking up that wire to the D3's illumination input, if the unit doesn't dim when the headlights are turned on, it's wrong.

Next is did you guys that hooked up nav units in Trucks run your Reverse Gear Signal(Purple/white lead) all the way to your reverse lights? Is there a better spot in the Tacoma in the dash?

No clue.

Last where does the Car speed signal input(pink lead) go on a 2001 tacoma? I know it hooks up to the same thing the cruise control uses but I just thought i would ask before i go looking around under the dash.

Again, vehicle specific stuff, I don't really know.

Try the vehicle specific wiring board on this site. Maybe someone's already covered all this.

There's two blue wires coming out of the AVIC. There's a blue one that is on the harness with all the speaker and power wires. That one is meant to turn on a power antenna or antenna amplifier. Hook that one to the power antenna wire on the factory harness. There is a blue/white wire on the D3's other harness (the one with all the RCA input/outputs on it) that is labeled "system control". That is the one you use for your amplifier's turn on signal..

I'm a idiot, didn't even see that

If i don't have a power antenna, it's not going to hurt anything to hook it up right?