AVIC411.com

D1 sub issues WTF ???

I was driving along the other day, subs weren't loud when allof a sudden the sounds form the rear just faded. I at first thought it was a power issue but both amps and the cap are getting power. Ok, gotta be the cable. Well just came back from Radio shack with a new 20ft rca patch cable..... nada. I fear now that the low pass output is not working. Has anyone else had this problem ??? If so what is the fix ? PLEASE !!! I don't have the funds for a new unit and don't want to get rid of it. :oops:

If it's the non-fading sub outputs and they're not outputting a signal, either the sub output was switched off somehow, or they just plain burned out.

Try taking something with RCA outputs (like an mps player with a headphone to RCA adapter) and plug it directly into the amp whil it's on and see if it puts out sound. That will let you know if it's the amp that's not working or the head unit's output.

Also, when you say the sound from the rear faded out, do you mean the sound from the sub, the sound from the rear stereo speakers, or both?

• 2 weeks later...