AVIC411.com

Z1 HDD Upgrade Help!!

I don't know what to tell you. I was able to disable security on the Stock Z1 hdd on my Dell Optiplex GX 270 with no problems.

Did you accidentally put the drive in the Z1/Z2? "even a drive you paid for seperately will be locked if inserted in the Z1. The drive doesn't even have to be setup to work in the Z1 to be locked. " If the drive is locked, you won't be able to access it in any way until it's unlocked. $45

If it's not locked, it's possible that it's not a supported drive, or that it's been damaged. First make sure you meet the requirements:

MHDD documentation[/url]":2a87qo4u]

Platform requirements and supported hardware

Platform:

• [*:2a87qo4u]Intel Pentium or higher CPU[*:2a87qo4u]4 megabytes of RAM[*:2a87qo4u]DR-DOS, MSDOS version 6.22 and higher[*:2a87qo4u]Any boot device (USB, CDROM, FDD, HDD)[*:2a87qo4u]A keyboard

IDE/SATA Controllers:

• [*:2a87qo4u]Any integrated into motherboard north bridge (addresses: 0x1Fx for primary channel, 0x17x for secondary channel)[*:2a87qo4u]PCI UDMA boards (detected automatically): HPT, Silicon Image, Promise, ITE, ATI and so on. Even some RAID boards are supported. In this case MHDD works with each physical drive separately[*:2a87qo4u]UDMA/RAID controllers integrated into motherboard as additional chip

Hard disk drives

• [*:2a87qo4u]Any IDE or Serial-ATA drive with size bigger than 600Mbytes, in other words, LBA mode is supported in full. This is because I have removed whole CHS code since version 2.9[*:2a87qo4u]Any IDE or Serial-ATA drive with size lower than 8388607 TBytes, in other words, LBA48 mode is supported in full[*:2a87qo4u]Any SCSI drive with sector size 512—528 bytes

IDE drive should operate in master mode, and no slave devices should be attached. Please configure all drives you are planning to work with as master devices.

Yea..I believe I meet all the requirements. I dunno if the drive is damaged, because it recognizes that it's a Toshiba hard drive and has all the specs show up when I "EID" in MHDD. Does it make a difference if I'm booting from a CD or floppy? because I been booting from Bootmagic, the CD.

edit: I never inserted the drive into a Z1. Also, I don't believe it's locked since the EID tells me that security is HIGH, Off.