AVIC411.com

D3 install in 07 Charger w/ Boston Acoustic

Hey guys, I'm a little lost with trying to install my D3 into my 07 Charger w/ the Boston Acoustic system. I have the Metra CHTO-01 Chrysler CAN Amp Turn-on Interface

With the D3 RCA Harness I have the:

Front Output White - White of CHTO 14 Pin Harness

Front Output Red - Gray of CHTO 14 Pin Harness

Rear Output White - Green of CHTO 14 Pin Harness

Rear Output Red - Violet of CHTO 14 Pin Harness

I have the Red from the CHTO 14 Pin spliced to the ACC Red of the D3 Power Harness

I have the Black, Yellow and Orange wires from the D3 Power Harness and CHTO 22 Pin Harness Spliced together.

That is where I'm at, the eight wires on the D3 Power Harness for the speakers are not being used

I know I've got to be missing something, perhaps you could give me a hand?

what did you do with the mute wire? if ya grounded that may cause it,

also check volume knob on chto-01

also did you cycle the ignition twice slowly before starting it up

mabye try disconnecting battery for a few then reconnect and make sure to cycle ingnition twice.. since this is what turns on the chto-01

Well the mute wire along with the amp powerup wires were not on the RCA cable, so I went ahead and spliced the blue/white wire from the CHTO to the yellow/yellow bat + wires, amp powers up.

I did what you said about adjusting the potentiameter all the way up to max and I unpluged the CHTO then repluggedit back in and cycled the ignition to the on position twice before starting the car. When I did that and turned the D3 volume to the max I very faintly heard the music being played. Still isn't fixed but you seem to know your stuff...any other ideas man?

to reset chto ya gotta disconnect for like 5-10 mins, then with door open cycle ignition 2 times...

also check fuzes under dash and under hood...your car manual will tell ya which one are for the amp...

also make sure the "loud" feature is on in the sound settings menu

mute wire from chto should not be connected to anything..if ya did the video hack, then the mute wire from the avic harness should be moved to the other slot in the harness and then grounded, but if ya did not do the hack, then you can leave em both hanging or wire them together.. but you dont wanna splice em to a power wire cuz that will activate the mute..

amp gets signal from can bus data system to turn on, so no extra wires are needed to be sliced onto the yellow wire.

...im kinda lost from there...let me know what happens

if ya did wire for wire like the instructions, the chances are you go a defective chto, but its probably something simple, just overlooked

Hey guys, I'm a little lost with trying to install my D3 into my 07 Charger w/ the Boston Acoustic system. I have the Metra CHTO-01 Chrysler CAN Amp Turn-on Interface

With the D3 RCA Harness I have the:

Front Output White - White of CHTO 14 Pin Harness

Front Output Red - Gray of CHTO 14 Pin Harness

Rear Output White - Green of CHTO 14 Pin Harness

Rear Output Red - Violet of CHTO 14 Pin Harness

I have the Red from the CHTO 14 Pin spliced to the ACC Red of the D3 Power Harness

I have the Black, Yellow and Orange wires from the D3 Power Harness and CHTO 22 Pin Harness Spliced together.

That is where I'm at, the eight wires on the D3 Power Harness for the speakers are not being used

I know I've got to be missing something, perhaps you could give me a hand?

I got the same car. I would recommend the Pac harness if you are still able to take the metra one back.

I did everything you said and I hear loud pops when I did the ignition primes. Is there a mute function anywhere on this unit that I can search for?

Which PAC harness?

Search on ebay for PAC C2R-CHY

It has all the wires you need. In addition in the future if you want to enable your steering wheel controls the pac interface for steering controls will plug in via a harness.